Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it okay to set the change document flag in SE11

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to set the change document flag as active for one field in a custom table. The table has +500,000 records. Before I do this, I want to know if there are any problems making this change to a table that contains data.

Thanks.

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boater,

The change document that you mentioned, is it not the one in data element? If it's custom data element, then you can just go ahead changing it, but if it's an SAP data element, it's better you consult with SAP first, as this is considered modification.

Regards,

lim...

2 REPLIES 2

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will not effect the Data present in the custom table. Take care while activating the custome table, Just activate the custom table with Database utility(SE14), with selecting radiobutton Save and Adjust database table.

or

you can create a copy of the custom table, and write a simple program which reads the data from custom table and inserts in the copied custom table, and try for creating the change docoument.

After that you have to create Change document using Tcode:- SCDO

Regards

Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boater,

The change document that you mentioned, is it not the one in data element? If it's custom data element, then you can just go ahead changing it, but if it's an SAP data element, it's better you consult with SAP first, as this is considered modification.

Regards,

lim...