Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Tables with Table Control Wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

whenever I define a <b>new</b> internal table I get a STB_WZ_WIZARD041 - Work area doesn't exist or has no structure. The definition is the same as the last internal tables I have defined. Tomorrow I'll be able to import the table into the Table Control Wizard without any problems. A colleague suggested I clear the Puffers using /$SYNC but that didn't help. Generating, activating or transporting don't have the desired effect. I just have to wait until tomorrow! Can anybody help me here?

Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Try activating the program, logging off and closing all instances of SAPgui. Maybe even restarting you computer. Then log back on and activate again, then try doing the wizard. I have had this problem in the past and I believe that this is how I got around it. It hasn't happened to me in a long while.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

5 REPLIES 5

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link for sample program in table control.But there I am not using wizard.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/abap/abap code samples/table control in abap.pdf

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Try activating the program, logging off and closing all instances of SAPgui. Maybe even restarting you computer. Then log back on and activate again, then try doing the wizard. I have had this problem in the past and I believe that this is how I got around it. It hasn't happened to me in a long while.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Maybe you should upgrade to the newest version of the gui. I'm running 6.40.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

thanks a lot - that solved the problem. I'll organise Gui 4.6 and see if the problem still happens!

Have a nice day,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

I installed Gui 6.40 and the problem is gone.

Many thanks, again.

Have a nice day.

Regards

Mike