Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interfacing two SAP systems for data collection

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

A scenario. i have two sap systems, one is 4.7 and another is ECC. based on one value in 4.7 i want to collect data from ecc. this has to happen thru XI. so shud i write a function module in ecc which takes as parameter the input value and picks data from database and exports the same and enable this function module as RFC ?

so then from XI this function module can be called with the required input parameter ? can anyone give me the code/steps or how to do this ?

thks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

why do you want to use XI? I would create a RFC-enabled FM in the ECC system and a RFC destination (transaction SM59) in the 4.7 system (calling the ECC system). Then create a report in the 4.7 system, getting the value and calling the RFC in the ECC system via:

CALL FUNCTION <RFC function> DESTINATION <RFC-destination>

Best regards

Stephan

2 REPLIES 2

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

extract data from 4.7 into flat file and put the flat file into central data repository in ECC collect the file from data repository and load into SAP either thru BAPI,LSMW..etc;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

why do you want to use XI? I would create a RFC-enabled FM in the ECC system and a RFC destination (transaction SM59) in the 4.7 system (calling the ECC system). Then create a report in the 4.7 system, getting the value and calling the RFC in the ECC system via:

CALL FUNCTION <RFC function> DESTINATION <RFC-destination>

Best regards

Stephan