Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Interesting** Calling MIGO transaction with components already present

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a requirement wherein i have to call transaction MIGO for goods issue with 261 movement type in which user will directly be presented with the MIGO screen with components ( materials, qtys etc) already filled in it . User will take over from then onwards to add the serial numbers to these materials.

I am using call transaction method for this, but it is not a very efficient method as it some time changes its behaviour as MIGO is an enjoy Transaction. I am using call transaction with error screen mode where after filling all the components i am forcing an error so that transaction stops and user takes over to fill the serial numbers for the materials entered. But this solution is not very convincing .Hope i could explain you the scenario.

Can anybody please suggest me a solution to come over this.

Note: I dont want to use call transaction in All screen mode as it becomes very tedious for the user to click on OK-CODE pop up if there are large number of components.

Points will be awarded for sure .........

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, sounds like a messy one, and it all depends how much work you want to do.

Normally I would recommend an WMMBID02 IDOC, as you could parallel process the data, but from your post it sounds like there is a lot of user entry.

Possibly your best solution would be to create a custom dialog transaction, populate a table control with the required material/qty data etc and then allow the user to add the additional data. Then post the data via a BAPI or FM.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, sounds like a messy one, and it all depends how much work you want to do.

Normally I would recommend an WMMBID02 IDOC, as you could parallel process the data, but from your post it sounds like there is a lot of user entry.

Possibly your best solution would be to create a custom dialog transaction, populate a table control with the required material/qty data etc and then allow the user to add the additional data. Then post the data via a BAPI or FM.

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for ur reply..

i would like to explain u the complete scenario....

i have a service order which has a list of components out of which some have serialized material and others have non-serialized.

For non serialized material im creating material document using BAPI_GDSMVT_CREATE

but for serialized materials user wants me to populate all the serialized material components into the MIGO transaction and give the control to user from where he can fill the available serial number and create the material document...

I understand ur alternative makes sense but it would be good if i can do it directly

from MIGO.