Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inner join of a cluster and transparent table

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi:

i want to have inner join on a cluster table MSEG BSEG and transparent table BKPF. But as for i know it is not possible to have join on a cluster and pool table.. any alternate solution?

Edited by: Matt on Jan 29, 2009 11:37 AM - question adjusted...

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You cannot create a view but may be you can code to fetch records so that it behaves a join.

First select from transparent table and based on key and entries fetch from cluster table.

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

>

> For pool and cluster table you can create secondary index and you can use select distinct, group for pool and cluster table. You can use native SQL statement for pool and cluster table.

@Tahir - neither MSEG nor BKPF is a cluster table. Both are transparent.

@Naresh - I think you meant that you can not do these things.

Rob

0 Kudos

>

> @Naresh - I think you meant that you can not do these things.

well, his copy/paste source says otherwise

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/the-different-types-of-sap-tables.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

Use FOR ALL ENTRIES instead of INNER JOINS for pooled/cluster tables. Select the data from pooled/clustered table into internal table and use this internal table along with FOR ALL ENTRIES. Please check internal table has data before using FOR ALL ENTRIES.

Thanks,

Vinay

christine_evans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> hi:

>

> i want to have inner join on a cluster table MSEG and transparent table BKPF. But as for i know it is not possible to have join on a cluster and pool table.. any alternate solution?

As mentioned, both are transparent tables so a join is perfectly possible. Though I can't immediately think why anyone would want to join these two tables.

0 Kudos

Hi:

first sorry to all.... because i have to write BSEG instead of MSEG.

but instead off all these i have mentioned in my subject that i want to join on a cluster and transparent table.

thnx for ur anticipation.

0 Kudos

See Vinay's answer. SELECT from BKPF then FAE on BSEG can be a way.

Also it depends where you're coming from with your select, based on what data do you want to find the documents?

See Rob's blog for the many ways to find an FI document:

/people/rob.burbank/blog/2007/11/12/quickly-retrieving-fi-document-data-from-bseg

Selecting BSEG without using the primary key is strictly discouraged in any case.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below link

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anki Reddy