Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

include created search help in me21n or table ekpo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a z search help for tracking number in purchase order . my requirement is while creating a PO it should allow only those value in the search help. now there are 2 way either using screen exit or modify the ekpo table ( include the help name for BEDNR in se11) my question if i modify the table , should it affects the data in the table. which is the right path as i know its not advisable to modify table

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

viquar_iqbal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well you should use exits and not modify the table !

In the parameters use match code object as 'zsearch' search help

Thanks

Viquar Iqbal

Edited by: Viquar Iqbal on Feb 6, 2009 7:28 AM

8 REPLIES 8

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wouldn't it be better to append the new search help to an existing collective search help as an 'append' search help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no search help available for the field BEDNR in ekpo. My requirement is in PO only the entries in ztable ( created for search help) should accept.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushi,

Please check this link below.

[Include|]

Thanks

Kalyan

viquar_iqbal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well you should use exits and not modify the table !

In the parameters use match code object as 'zsearch' search help

Thanks

Viquar Iqbal

Edited by: Viquar Iqbal on Feb 6, 2009 7:28 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there another way so BEDNR field will accept only entries in ztable created for it.

thanks

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm wondering what the use of the search help is, when the only thing you want to do is validate this entry. As far as I know, you can't just add this search help to an existing field (data element level) without modifying it. So I think the best way would be to find a user exit in which you can validate the entered BEDNR.

Screen exits enable you to ADD screen layout to existing applications, and not changing the current layout which would mean modifying it. So the search help sounds nice, but won't do you any good.

Edited by: Micky Oestreich on Feb 6, 2009 7:48 AM

0 Kudos

Hi micky,

I know which exit i have to use but i am not getting how to do it ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

hI,

Can anyone use such type of exit ?

thanks