Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound idoc processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm concentrating on inbound idoc processing for eg. i will fill the necessary segments in idoc of cremas message type for vendor creation through idoc. i'm getting status 53 and also the lfa1 table is getting updated.

Can anyone explain me the exact purpose of the control record in my scenario. i'm using same partner profile for sender and receiver. how to know rfc destination and the customer distribution model from an idoc. it would be really helpful if someone could explain me the significance of port in my scenario. Is there any way to find the client from the receiver port.

Can anyone guide me how to send an idoc from one client to another and also how to send and receive an idoc in the same client.

Please help me out.

Regards,

Revathi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The purpose of control record it will contain the address to deliver the idoc.

You can send idoc from one client to another client with in the same system using ALE.

Why do you want to send it to the same client in the same system. it is not good idea.

Edited by: Ram_123 on Sep 1, 2009 9:30 AM

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The purpose of control record it will contain the address to deliver the idoc.

You can send idoc from one client to another client with in the same system using ALE.

Why do you want to send it to the same client in the same system. it is not good idea.

Edited by: Ram_123 on Sep 1, 2009 9:30 AM

Former Member

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Can anyone explain me the exact purpose of the control record in my scenario. i'm using same partner profile for sender and receiver. how to know rfc destination and the customer distribution model from an idoc. it would be really helpful if someone could explain me the significance of port in my scenario. Is there any way to find the client from the receiver port.

You need to have a different partner profile each for sender and receiver with appropriate inbound / outbound messages configured. If you are using the same partner profile then the system is capable of sending and receiving the idocs of particular message type.there will be no meaning if you confiure for eg cremas in both inbound and outbound parameter.in other words you dont require ALE here.

RFC Destination: SM59

Distribtion Model: BD64

Ports are channels thru which IDocs are interchanged.

Also plz check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/0b/2a6cdd507d11d18ee90000e8366fc2/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Hakim