Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound IDOC (change to delivery qty)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to setup an inbound idoc to R3 which will change the delivery pick quantity. What is the idoc to be used and how to use it for changing the delivery pick quanitity for the already created delivery in R3

appreciate your help.

P.S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhu

One of my internal customers (Lindt UK) uses WHSCON.DELVRY03 for updating the delivery with the picking information.

Segment E1EDL18 contains QUALF = 'PIC' (= picking confirmation).

Segments E1ELD24 contains the quantities and the batches that have been picked.

Another customer (Lindt CH) uses SHPCON.DELVRY03 with E1EDL18/QUALF = 'PGI' (= Post Goods Issue). The business logic in this case is somewhat different from that of Lindt UK because the external warehouse partner must not change any quantities (just confirm them). The inbound IDoc updates the batches in the delivery and does the posting of the goods issue.

Further reading: [Delivery Interface|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/e2/654b15a9f411d184ec0000e81ddea0/content.htm]

Regards

Uwe

3 REPLIES 3

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhu

One of my internal customers (Lindt UK) uses WHSCON.DELVRY03 for updating the delivery with the picking information.

Segment E1EDL18 contains QUALF = 'PIC' (= picking confirmation).

Segments E1ELD24 contains the quantities and the batches that have been picked.

Another customer (Lindt CH) uses SHPCON.DELVRY03 with E1EDL18/QUALF = 'PGI' (= Post Goods Issue). The business logic in this case is somewhat different from that of Lindt UK because the external warehouse partner must not change any quantities (just confirm them). The inbound IDoc updates the batches in the delivery and does the posting of the goods issue.

Further reading: [Delivery Interface|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/e2/654b15a9f411d184ec0000e81ddea0/content.htm]

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

thkx uwe....tht's what i was looking for....btw, one quick question....when we do pgi via idoc can the picked qty and batch details be updated?

0 Kudos

Hello Prabhu

That's exactly what we are doing at Lindt UK.

Lindt UK is a so-called distribution company and, therefore, the batches are determined at the external warehouse partner which we receive with the picking confirmation.

Lindt CH is a production company and, therefore, sends the batch data already with the DESADV message to the external warehouse partner.

Regards

Uwe