Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc outbound to file with multiple records

joerg_arndt
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I want to export multiple materials into one flat file per ale (idoc).

I know I can create îdocs per "bd10" and download into file per WE19,

but only several files not many idocs in one file.

Can somebody help me with this requirement.

Actually I want to extract material data per Idoc and import it later per LSMW.

Many Thanks.

Jimbob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the function for determining the pathname on the file port definition. The files that are created should be opened in 'append' mode by default. Just curious though, why don't you just use ALE and go IDOCs all the way?

3 REPLIES 3

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the function for determining the pathname on the file port definition. The files that are created should be opened in 'append' mode by default. Just curious though, why don't you just use ALE and go IDOCs all the way?

0 Kudos

Thanks Brad,

but I can not find this particular FM. I can see FM's to build the file names

but there are no possibilities to change the open mode, neither on the port definition screen nor

in the FM itself.

Maybe it is better to read the tables and write it to the file?

Second, it is not my decision and I think it is because it is not 1:1 to the other system, there are many mappings.

But Thank you anyway.

RG Jimbob.

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your file port defintion (WE21) specifies the function module for creating the pathname (path + filename) for the IDOC file; most likely , it's EDI_PATH_CREATE_CLIENT_DOCNUM. You can replace this with your own Z-function or one of the other EDI_PATH_CREATE_ functions that will use the same path name over and over. You would not need to change the write mode, since it's already append mode by default in the system. Of course, you are correct, there are many other approaches available to get the data moved...