Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Missing Segment Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some of my outbound IDOC's are missing a particular field in the Segment.....

This is probably because that Segment field don't have any value and hence missing from IDOC.

What can be the possible approach for Solving this probelm?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the segment is not mandatory, it would not be created if there is no value fo rany of the fields. if you want that segemnt to be sent anyway, you can create that yourself using one of the user exits available.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the segment is not mandatory, it would not be created if there is no value fo rany of the fields. if you want that segemnt to be sent anyway, you can create that yourself using one of the user exits available.

0 Kudos

Thanks,

My issue is that I want to figure out that why that field missing the value...I checked in all the modifications made in the FM running behind the Outbound Process Code and nothing seems like causing this issue.

What else I can check?

0 Kudos

whats the process code (if it is a std. process code ) and what is the missing field ?

Not all fields of the segment are populated. Only manadatory fields are populated. if you want the other fields in the idoc segment, you have to force it thru the user-exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the the FM and code which is populating this segment field.

Regards

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally got an Code written under the Enhancement Spot which was creating the issue.

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Can you please get the solution for such issue?

I didnt aware of Enhancement Spot...

Looking for your reply..

Regards,

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu Raman on Jan 5, 2009 1:27 PM