Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_INPUT_MBGMCR - RKPF Lock Issue - Can it be resolved by Serialization of IDOC?

kirankerudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

When there are simultaneous IDOC processing for IDOC_INPUT_MBGMCR to post GR based on Purchase Order, the Reservation Number gets locked. This causes other IDOCs to fail to post GR. All the materials used in the Purchase Order for posting GR belong to one Production Order and hence will have same Reservation Number.

IDOC Data Sample: While the IDOC1 is still processing, IDOC2 and IDOC3 will fail.

Below is a screenshot from SM12 for one IDOC.

I thought of using DO * TIMES and Check for RKPF Lock using ENQUEUE_READ. However, this might not work in all cases.

Only other way that we can overcome this is via Serialization. I have gone through the SAP Note "752194 - Serialization of IDoc processing". However, couldn't understand how to achieve this.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Kiran Kerudi

6 REPLIES 6

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This note is not provided for Abaper but for Admin/Basis.

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond, Thanks for confirming.

But, how can we avoid this locking issue in code?

Kiran

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are the 3 goods receipt for 3 different POs are done simultaneously?

Is there anything which collects the Idocs before they are processed?

If they arrive by chance at the same time and 3 different users would enter it manually in MIGO at the same time then I expect you will have exact the same trouble.

kirankerudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

EI layer collects all the POs (Based on Delivery Note Scan) and triggers IDOC per PO simultaneously. The same issue persists whilst MIGO posting also.

I think we need to change the setting from 'Trigger Immediately' to 'Trigger by Background Program' and schedule RBDAPP01 every 10 mins.

What would you suggest?

Kiran

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry I don't know what a "EI layer" is.

kirankerudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This issue was resolved by scheduling RBDAPP01 in background every 10 mins and this picks IDOCs and post them in Serialized Manner.

If there is any better approach please share the same.