Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC inbound EDI_DATA_INCOMING

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We are upgrading from ECC 4.6 to 6.0 and we are facing difficulty in RFC call. In the present system to post IDOC we are calling RFC_REMOTE_PIPE , which will access a script in application layer and then execute EDI_DATA_INCOMING function module.

Now as RFC call is not working, we are looking for any alternative to the above process. I mean create a file list of idocs to be created, and then pass the path to EDI_DATA_INCOMING.  I am not sure whether this would be a correct alternative, also need help to create file about idocs to be created, which would then passed to FM EDI_DATA_INCOMING. Any other alternatives would be really helpful...Requirement is quite urgent, please help....

2 REPLIES 2

former_member222709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey George,

If I understand this right, you are executing an RFC call from your source system to call a script from your destination system. The destination system will then process the EDI.

In any case, you will need a RFC call to access your destination system.

So, if you want to resolve the RFC call, please add details about the RFC Call error.

For a list of IDOC's executed recently, you can execute WE02 or WE05.

Regards,

Pranav.

former_member730258
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you checked all necessary connections are configured? You may check SM59.