Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc for PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Through Lots of searching, i found that SAP has provided an Idoc PREQCR101 for Purchase Requisition.

My requirement is that i need to send the PR related data out of SAP to an Non-SAP system.

my confusion is whether to use Custom IDoc or ABAP Proxy.

any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Abhishek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Both can be used. Both has pros and cons. IDOC is good in terms of Error handling.

If you have any Sting to be passed then IDOC can not be used because maximum length of each segment is 1000 chars .

But Proxy can handle string of any Length.

Thanks

Jitendra Soni

5 REPLIES 5

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Both can be used. Both has pros and cons. IDOC is good in terms of Error handling.

If you have any Sting to be passed then IDOC can not be used because maximum length of each segment is 1000 chars .

But Proxy can handle string of any Length.

Thanks

Jitendra Soni

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Both you can use.I will suggest you check with idoc.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Hello,

thankyou

Jitendra Soni & Madhu for the valuable inputs

I have worked on Idoc, and have some idea abt the same

but nothing on ABAP Proxies,

I also have a vague of ALE Idoc using BAPI, if you can share some document for ABAP Proxy and ALE IDOC with BAPI,

it will be appreciated.

Have searched on SDN and google but nothing substantial

Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You are connecting from non sap right.Just go through this fro proxies.[Proxies|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Step-by-stepFTPtoABAPProxy].Please check if it is useful

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Hello,

My sender system in SAP ECC and my receiver system in Non SAP, with SAP PI as middleware

Regards,

Abhishek