Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc for me11

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to create/update info record( ME11/ME12) by selecting few fields from the ALV output.

I checked in the forum and got to know that there is no BAPI available for the same and that we need to go for either BDC or Idoc.

Can some one suggest how to use idoc in this case. I found out that standard idoc (INFREC01) is available for this purpose but is it possible to call this standard idoc from my custom program or should i create a complete new custom idoc for this purpose.

Can someone throw some light pls?

Regards,

Prem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

After wasting days to figure out the issue in BDC; i had to move to other approach.

12 REPLIES 12

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest rather than using an IDOC make a bdc if no BAPI is available.

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use batch input program for info records "RM06IBI0"

This is the best way to do this.

Please do not use BDC, you will face lot of difficulties in this transaction.

Thanks

Lalit Mohan Gupta.

0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

Thanks for your info. If you look into this program this is also using BDC. Ofcourse delivered by SAP but why cant we create a recording by ourself if SAP can do it i believe we can also.

Please let me know your opinion for the same.

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can definitely create your own BDC recording....

there are many fields in the transaction which dynamically appear on the screen.

Also fields which appear and are obligatory...

So there are many things you will have to consider...

Also when i had tried BDC for this transaction; i had come across many errors which were untraceable.

Also errors such as 'No field exist for this screen.'

'No value for field so and so'.

Thanks,

Lalit Mohan Gupta

0 Kudos

So Lalit that is how you handle it. I am not supporting BDC or something it was just provided as an option or solution for the problem

Hope your understand my point.

thanks

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

After wasting days to figure out the issue in BDC; i had to move to other approach.

0 Kudos

Hello Both,

If BDC is not the right approach then can you suggest how else to proceed pls? As you are aware, i have a custom program which displays the ALV output and on choosing few entries from the ALV output , i will have to get the ME11/ME12 triggered. Waiting for your help.

Regards,

Prem

0 Kudos

Dear Prem Kumar,

You need to first run the report RM06IBIE

It will download the format of the file to application server, that the standard batch input program for Purchasing Info Records - RM06IBI0 will use

Study the format and supply the field values accordingly.

First do a dry run of ME11 manually for a vendor, material and create purchase info record. Note down the minimum mandatory fields that are required. Later map the values to the file format returned by RM06IBIE. Then run this file with RM06IBI0.

RM06IBIE and RM06IBI0 use logical file names. So you need to create logic file names (using FILE transaction) for application server paths/file names before you can use these programs.

On the selection screen of RM06IBI0 program click on the I button to see the documentation, that is very informative on how to use this program

From your ALV report you can create a file similar in format to what RM06IBIE generates and put it in a file path on application server and submit RM06IBI0 with that file

0 Kudos

Addition to Vishnu's Comments & to know more about what he said...Check[Create and mass update of purchase info records from an input excel file|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/Createandmassupdateofpurchaseinforecordsfromaninputexcelfile]

This program demonstrates how to use RM06IBI0 programatically. Possibly you would have got this link if you have searched properly.

Kesav

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. All of your suggestions are preety helpful. I will try to generate the file and see how to map the fields .

@ Keshav, the link you gave seems to be broken. Can you please send the exact link please.

Once again, a big thanks. I will get back if i have any further doubts.

Regards,

Prem

0 Kudos

[Create and mass update of purchase info records from an input excel file|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/Createandmassupdateofpurchaseinforecordsfromaninputexcelfile.]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are my suggestions:

take the download of the report and use that to pass to LSMW; which would be using your batch input program.