Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify Parent and child Component in custom ALV report.

pritam_baboo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a custom ALV report to display BOM Level, BOM usage, Alternative BOM, BOM, BOM item node no., BOM Component, component Quantity, BOM quantity, BOM item number, and some other fields. Now I want to add an extra column to it to display whether the BOM component is a parent or child component.

8 REPLIES 8

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And the problem you're having is... what?

pritam_baboo
Participant
0 Kudos

How to identify whether a BOM component is a Parent component or child component?

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use the FM - CS_BOM_EXPLOSION

This will return the tables - One of them will specify the level.

I remember it was ... table - STBP and field STUFE

pritam_baboo
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat,

But in my report, we are using table STPOX.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see several questions and answers in the forum. Which answers did you try, and what is the closest answer which could help, and what complement do you want to ask us?

You may search the forum/SAP Web site with your favorite Web search engine. I see many answers for search below. Based on the results, if it still doesn't solve, you may anyway refine your query/provide more information.

How to identify whether a BOM component is a Parent component or child component? site:sap.com

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NB: I think mentioning ALV is confusing people. The question is just about finding Parent and child Components.

pritam_baboo
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Sandra,

The question is about finding Parent and Child Components. Can I use FM CSAP_MAT_BOM_READ for this?

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor

Hi pritam_baboo

It is just about your Report layout and how do you want to display this field. If your report is just displaying BOM and its components and you want to mark that BOM ( whether it is single level or multi level ) then it is very simple.

You take each component material you are printing for that BOM line.

( look back that material in MAST table.. If that exists in MAST table , then that component is again a BOM.. ) so your ALV line BOM is a header BOM..

You can handle it by looping your internal table and mark the line appropriately.