Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to fix column width in a "Print ALV list" PDF document

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone help me with the following problem:

I want to fix column width in a "Print ALV list" PDF document. (Now "Print ALV List" is optimizing column width)

I can't fix the column width / length in a "Print ALV list" PDF document.

I have my list in T-code CS12. These columns are not optimized. I make column 1 "SortS..." and 2 "Quan..." narrower by simple drag the columns smaller but when I print the PDF document, the columns will automatically optimize themselves. The columns optimize themselves because the "print ALV list" wants to have the full words on these column headers/labels. So in the PDF document i get "SortStrng" and "Quantity" but these words are too long.

I want these column widths to be fixed in the PDF document, because I need smaller columns, so all the columns will fit on a A4 portrait. Now there is too much unnecessarily space in these columns as you can see.

I have added 3 pictures.

Can you please help me?

Thank you!

life.

step-01-sap-cs12.png

step-02-print.png

step-03-report.png

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Since you're asking a question here for the first time, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with: https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, as it provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.

For example, you can:

- outline what steps you took to find answers (and why they weren't helpful)

- share screenshots of what you've seen/done

- make sure you've applied the appropriate tags

- use a more descriptive subject line

The more details you provide, the more likely it is that members will be able to respond. Feel free to also take our Q&A tutorial at: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

By adding a picture to your profile you encourage readers to respond: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-profile.html

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Better show the images than hyperlinks to make your question attractive e.g.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

(Last one)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

I guess you should first switch from the ALV Grid view to the old ALV List view, define the exact widths and print. One big issue is that I guess it's impossible to select a width of more than 80 characters (max of report).

If not possible to switch, you could export to Excel, choose a PDF printer and do a print preview/adjust till it's the way you like.

CS12 is intended for display only, check if there's another transaction code for reports, or create a SAPQuery.

I could find interesting answers with this search:

print multilevel bom site:sap.com

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I don't want to export to excel and I don't want to switch. I need to print these documents a lot. So I want to print directly from the T-code. If you have another T-code, tell me but,

First I want to look at CS12. Can I change the column width in the ALV grid view?

I don't understand why the column width is not the same as the column width in SAP.

Thanks.

life.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I still diddn't solve this issue.

Is there anyone who could help me please?

Thank you!

life.