Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I/O Field : the number of characters greater than the visible length

bzakaria
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my screen I want to create a I/O field with a visible length of 16 but it must give the user the possibility of entering 50 characters.

Example the SAP password zone for logging in the number of characters allowed is greater than the size of the i/o field.

In screen painter I find that 'vis. length' takes the value of 'Def. length', and it cannot be modified, and it prevents the user from entering more than 16 characters.

My question is how can i keep length at 16, but allow the user to enter 50 characters?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Tick the checkbox "Scrollable". It means that the text value can be scrolled horizontally to see all characters. You can then have a visible length different from the definition length.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

bzakaria,

Visible Length or define Length does not define the number of characters your variable can hold rather the actual datatype of your variable should be responsible for the number of characters it should hold.

If your data type is capable of holding 50 characters then it should be fine.

Regards!

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Tick the checkbox "Scrollable". It means that the text value can be scrolled horizontally to see all characters. You can then have a visible length different from the definition length.