Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink in Smartform

former_member187506
Contributor
0 Kudos

My smartform gets emailed to a list of recipients.

The form output contains data derived from a transaction. Users have the opportunity to attach external documents to the transaction and upload them into the content repository.

The form contains hyperlinks to the attached documents.

Everything is working just fine.

My issues is appearance. The url for the doc residing in the content repository is extremely long, well over 100 characters.

In html I can write a link as below:

<a href="http://blah.blahblah.com:9900/sap/bc/myrep.htm?guid=dfsdfsdfsfdsfersersfsfsferwesdfe&contRep=order><b>Click here</b></a>

The user only sees "Click here". In the smartform they see the whole url.

I have created a redirect page with a shorter url that only receives the dynamic parameters (guid, etc). My smartform links point to the redirect page. The redirect page builds the complete url and calls the document.

This has dropped the size of the url to within acceptable limits. However, it would be nice to use the file name or something simple to present to the user as a clickable link.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Abhijeet-K
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It's pretty late to reply, but anyone visiting this page may please visit [here|] for the working solution.

1 REPLY 1

Abhijeet-K
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It's pretty late to reply, but anyone visiting this page may please visit [here|] for the working solution.