Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Employee Address Change BAPI - CONFIGURATION ISSUE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear HR Gurus,

I have a typical issue in BAPI_ADDRESSEMPUS_CHANGE:

I am trying to change/update employee address using the above bapi from non-SAP application. I have tested this scenario on 4 different SAP instances. The BAPI work fine on 2 different instance 1) 4.6C and 2) 4.7

And It doesn't work on the other two instances 1) 4.7 and 2) 5.0 . I get : [Mesg: Processing in SAP failed. BAPI returned message: Type: "E", Number: "055", Text:"Make an entry in all required fields".], Even though i am entering the same values as i enterd while testing with other two instances.

I guess, If this is a bug SAP would have fixed it in 4.7 or 5.0 at least, since one of our 4.6C instance works fine. I believe it's a CONFIGURATION ISSUE.

Any one of you encountered this problem ever? Any thoughts on this would highly appreciated.

Thanks

Madan

10 REPLIES 10

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

It may not be a bug.. it is quite possible one of the fileds may be 'required' from 47 on.. can you pl specify the fields you are trying to populate with the BAPI?

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

If it's a problem with required fields it should NOT WORK on any SAP instance right?

I am pretty sure that it's not about the required fields. BTW, I am passing all the required values as well as the optional values.

Trust me we tried every possible permutation we can thik of. By just looking at the error message anybody can think that I am not passing all the required values, but that's not true.

It's configuration issue!!! Do you agree with me?

Regards,

Madan

0 Kudos

If it's a problem with required fields it should NOT WORK on any SAP instance right?

well not really.. it may be a new filed that is not available in the lower versions..

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

You are right, it looks like a configuration issue. Config dictates which screens and which fields of those screens are required, optional or not displayed. From your description, it looks like the config on two of them matches with your input and in the other two, it does not. Check the config. Here is the path.

Implementation Guide for R/3 Customizing (IMG)
-->Financial Accounting
   -->Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
      -->Customer Accounts
         -->Master Records
            -->Preparations for Creating Customer Master Records
               -->Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)
               -->Define Screen Layout per Company Code (Customers)
               -->Define Screen Layout per Activity (Customers)

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Thanks for the post. The issue is in HR Employee Address not in Customer Master.

Suresh,

I am talking about the same version not lower or higher. Two 4.7 instances, it works on one ther doesn't work on the other.

Regards

Madan

0 Kudos

Madan,

thanks for the clarification.. I didn't realize it worked on one of your 47 systems.. you can compare the infotype screen mods in the view V_T588M between the two 47 systems and see if there is any config diff..

Also, where are u getting this error? in ESS ?

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Thanks Suresh.

This is with IBM Portal.

Madan

0 Kudos

My point is not about customer or employee, it is about the configuration. This is just an example. There may be a similar one in HR where you can control the screen fields.

0 Kudos

There may be a similar one in HR where you can control the screen fields>V_T588M here you can control the infotype screen fields> hide/ make them required/optional display only etc

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is definitely something related to config. Elaborating on what has been said so far, the Infotype Screen control can be found in :

Implementation Guide for R/3 Customizing (IMG)

-->Personnel Management

-->Personnel Administration

-->Customizing User Interfaces

-->Change Screen Modifications

You can check out the program name & screen number combination to find out the required fields here. Also, (if you haven't done that already) it might be helpful to find what OSS mentions for the BAPI_ADDRESSEMPUS_CHANGE (