Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write data in a file of Application server, MANUALLY!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1) Am looking to write the data in my_file in Application server manually.

I know, we can write programitically, by

TRANSFER wa_my_data TO application_server_file LENGTH tfr_length

But, pls. let me know, If I wanna to write manually the same data in the same destination folder of application server, How I can do it?

2) If some one says, .csv, Does it mean COMMA seperated file or TAB DELIMATED file?

3) Pls, let me know that, UNIX and Application server are alsmot means the same meanin?

thanq

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Not sure what you mean by manually writing to the app server. You could get you Basis person to copy a file to the directory that you want or you could use an SAP transaction code like CG3Z to upload a file from your desktop to the application server

2. csv means comma separated values. Every field of data is separated by a comma.

3. UNIX and the application sever could refer to similar thing but generally UNIX will be the operating system that the application sever is running on.

It does not have to be UINIX. It could be some version of Windows or Linux.

Regards

Greg Kern

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction code CG3Z.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi check this..

regards,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Not sure what you mean by manually writing to the app server. You could get you Basis person to copy a file to the directory that you want or you could use an SAP transaction code like CG3Z to upload a file from your desktop to the application server

2. csv means comma separated values. Every field of data is separated by a comma.

3. UNIX and the application sever could refer to similar thing but generally UNIX will be the operating system that the application sever is running on.

It does not have to be UINIX. It could be some version of Windows or Linux.

Regards

Greg Kern