Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload a file of very huge size on to server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a file of 2GB and i want to upload it onto the server. With GUI_UPLOAD the max file size i can upload is around 150mb or so. Do we have any solution like first upload first 150MB, next upload 150MB and append to the already uploaded 150mb and continue.

Or any alternate solutions possible. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vinay.

8 REPLIES 8

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay!

Use FTP. Or ask for a (Windows?) path assignment, so you can access the network folder from local PC.

Do you plan to use the file with open dataset and NOT load it completely for further handling?

Otherwise you will run anyway in 'not enough memory'-dumps later.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

At a quick glance, I do not see any limiting factors in the FM. Are you sure that is 2GB of space available for use on the server?

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try with transaction CG3Z to upload the file from PC to Appl.server.

regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I am planning to use open data set only for processing the file.

Hi, The gui function module will not show any restriction but it can support max upto 150mb it seems.

Hi Vijay,

i was not able to find the transaction C3TG.

Regards,

Vinay

0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

it is <b>CG3Z</b> not C3TG.

it is used to upload from PC to applserver.

regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vinay!

It's clear that you will use open dataset - the question was, if your execution will be line by line / complete reading into internal table.

I don't see, how CG3Z can break current memory limits - it's using same technic. But very interesting, I was always searching for something like this (and not copying the Z-reports from customer to customer)!

It's possible, that current memory settings of SAP-session are to restrictive. There is a parameter for total available memory (e.g. 1,5GB) and percentage value, which is maximum for 1 session (e.g. 10% -> this stops you at 150MB). Ask for increasing the percentage value (to e.g. 60 - 80%), but probably you won't jump the 2GB boarder (that's pretty high).

Regards,

Christian

oliver_sviszt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Install Total Commander, split the file into smaller pieces, and upload piece by piece. You just need to check if the next part (by sequential number) exists, and append that one to the file on the application server.

This is how I downloaded back an archive file with 2GB to the server.

Oliver

Juwin
Active Contributor

If it is one time upload, take the help of Basis guys. Give them the file and tell them to load, rather than doing it through a program. They have logon access to server OS, and will be able to just copy-paste the file from the source.

Thanks,

Juwin