Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger a workflow for DESADV when the IDOC reaches status 51

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A notification to the a user should be sent when DESADV goes to a error status 51.

I'm in SAP6.0 :

Basic type: DELVRY05

Message type: DESADV

Idoc: IDOCDESADV

Event: inputErrorOccurred

Task to be linked for the event : TS00008178

In SWETYPV the event is active, still this event is not getting triggered when the Idoc goes to 51 status.

What am I missing? Is there any configurations that I'm missing?

Can anyone please help me to fix this?

Thank you,

Renu

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renu,

Did you test the workflow itself?

Use the workflwo builder to test the workflow itself. If this works and the event linkage is set up it must work.

But remember: if you test idoc via WE19, workflow item will not be triggered! This will only be done when you create idoc from external system.

Regards,

Frank Umans

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the quick reply.

When you say test the workflow, what do you mean? I actually don't know the workflow Number ( WS...), how to find that.

I just know that the task is directly tied with the Business object IDOCDESADV. ( activated through SWETYPV). IDOCDESADV is a standard object and TS00008178 a standard task.

Thank you,

Renu

0 Kudos

Hi Renu

There is two way to find the task and workflow....

In pftc tcode, you can check the task and where it is used by giving the task type as standard and task as 00008178.Display the task,then check where it is used.

Another way is:

1.Goto swdm tcode.

2.Select the Object tab.

3.Choose catagory as BOR object type and give the Object type as IDOCDESADV.

4.Then it'll display the task which is refering the method of the IDOCDESADV object.

5.Click on that task.It'll come to right window.Now select the where used icon...

6.If there is any workflow,then It'll display the workflow template number,name,step, and client.

Regards,

Hemalatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

0 Kudos

Hi Renu,

Can u please tell how the issue got resolved.

I also need to trigger a workflow for idoc type BOMMAT.

I have activated the standard task for it as well but it does not get triggered when Idoc fails.