Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict the changinf of vendor name1,name2,name3,name4 from PO header?

former_member569532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have requirement to restrict the users from changing the vendor name from the PO header.Kindly anyone advise how to achieve this.

Thakns & Regards,

Anusha.B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Those changes should only  apply to this PO. Nevertheless did you check in Customizing (Purchasing, Define Screen Layout at Document Level) or at last solution implementation of method FIELDSELECTION_HEADER of BAdI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST ?

Regards,

Raymond

10 REPLIES 10

VijayaKrishnaG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

I think we cannot change Vendor details from PO header, even though we change those changes will not be effected in Vendor Master.

Are you querying for changing Vendor details in PO itself through ME22N?

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for your reply.It is possible to change the vendor name from the PO header.Due to

audit concerns our company want to restrict from changing the vendor name.

Rgds,

Anusha.B

0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

I have checked changing Vendor details in 'Address details' in PO's 'Address' tab. But those changes are not effecting in Vendor master. Even though I am changing the Vendor name, in XK03, it is not effected.

Can you please post the screenshot where are you changing the Vendor data in PO?

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos

This requirement can be easily accomplished using SPRO though it can be done using ABAP code also. But you have already got a recommended and well defined provision for the same in SPRO.

You can define Screen Layout defining the Property of each components ( fields ) of the PO Screen ( ME21N/ME22N ). Then later you can assign these defined layouts to the PO document type.

So it you select a particular PO type that properties will be applied.

While defining Screen Layout Properties you can mention which all fields are to be Mandatory, No Editable etc...

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Those changes should only  apply to this PO. Nevertheless did you check in Customizing (Purchasing, Define Screen Layout at Document Level) or at last solution implementation of method FIELDSELECTION_HEADER of BAdI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST ?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your reply.

By using FIELDSELECTION_HEADER ,can i disable the fields in the below screen?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

You try,

Just check the options available.

Actually ask your functional people to have a look into this. They have a better command on these stuffs.

0 Kudos

By using screen layout from SPRO,we cannot disable these fields.Is there any other way to disable thesse fields.

Rgds,
Anusha

0 Kudos

Then what I feel the next very similar approach you can move on with is SHD0

Or you search for Implicit Enhancements on PBO section of this POP UP screen.

Anyways SHD0 is more simple and effective.

0 Kudos

By using user exit EXIT_SAPMM06E_005 I can able to do this