Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print material text in Arabic & Enlish both in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, I am facing issue to print material text in Arabic in Smartforms. We have a requirement to print material text in English and Arabic both. I have maintained text in Material master in both languages, but now I don't know how to proceed further. can anyone help me in this matter ? My SAP Logon Language is EN and smartform created in language EN. What are primary requirements in our SAP server or in my PC. do we need to install Arabic font in both of these ? Regards, Archana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10

former_member188724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pillai,

Do you see the material texts in both languages when you maintain in material master?

If yes,

then in smartforms how you expect to print the texts?

For example if you want to Display in 2 columns then

you already have EN as Default 1 column you can Display the material text based on sy-langu = English

second column you select the text based on sy-langu = Arabic...

This should work.

Please explain the way you want the texts to be displayed,

Regards,

KS

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes  I have maintained description in both languages.

ie. in table maktx there are 2 records with language EN and AR.

now in smart form EN should be print in English fonts and AR in in Arabic fonts.

Regards,

Archana

0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

If I understood correctly.

ypu want to have when logged in as EN

print PINEAPPLE & in AR

print PINEAPPLE ARABIC, correct?

Then in smartform while you get the value from MAKTX use the spras based on logon langauge spras = sy-langu then you will get the Output.

If my understanding is not correct please send clear Details of what is required.

Regards,

KS

0 Kudos

No, I will always log on with language EN, but in invoice, I want to print material description in English and Arabic both. Regards, Archana

0 Kudos

Hi

I have maintained material text in Material master as above with language AR and text is also in Arabic.

and in printing it is printing some different text,

Please guide.

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

My main problem is when I am printing this material description with language = AR in Smartform it is showing fonts in ENGLISH. How can I convert it in Arabic fonts ?

Regards,

Archana

0 Kudos

hi,

you can use a lv_string I.e string variable where you can store material description in Arabic..

in a loop..

select maktx into lv_string from makt where matnr =  <loop-matnr> and spras = 'AR'.

and use that variable in the place where you wan to print it.

thanks!!

0 Kudos

Yes I have written the same as below.

select single maktx into gv_maktx from makt where matnr = gv_matnr and spras = 'AR'. and printing this gv_maktx variable in smartform but the string I have maintained in MAKT table is different then it is print in Smartform.

I feel that there is LTR / RTL printing issue. Can you guide me in this manner.

Regards,

Archana

0 Kudos

Hi,

REFER THE FOLLOWING THREAD :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1529755

THANKS!!