Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make use of values in calling program in a badi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a badi implementation. i need to make use of some values in the program in the BADI. how do i access values in the program in the BADI.

Regards,

Chaitanya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chaitanya

Simply define <b>publicly accessible</b> instance (or static) attributes in the class implementing the BAdI interface. However, since BAdI implementations are usually only called within SAP standard programs you would need to modify the SAP standard report.

Or perhaps I did not fully understand your requirement.

Regards

Uwe

4 REPLIES 4

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chaitanya

Simply define <b>publicly accessible</b> instance (or static) attributes in the class implementing the BAdI interface. However, since BAdI implementations are usually only called within SAP standard programs you would need to modify the SAP standard report.

Or perhaps I did not fully understand your requirement.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a standard transaction in CRM calling a BADI. now i need to get some values in the standard transaction into the BADI methods. how can i get that.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can only access those variables which are present in the Interface of the method. You can check the signature of the method to see whether the variables that you need are present or not.

regards,

Mahesh

bettinasilveira
Participant
0 Kudos

You can try this:

E.g (replace the table and program names with the one you need).:

CONSTANTS: c_resbd(15) TYPE c VALUE '(SAPLCOIH)resbd'.

FIELD-SYMBOLS: <fs_resbd> TYPE resbd.

ASSIGN (c_resbd) TO <fs_resbd>.

If this doesn't work try exporting the variables you need to memory from a field/user exit.