Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make fields in profitability segment mandatory in FB50 Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In transaction FB50 i need to make the COPA relevent fields in the profitability segment i.e fields Product ,plant , sales org. ,

,Distribution Channel,Business unit ,Product Family,Product group,Product Sub Type and Product Type to be made mandatory.

If these fields are not filled up it should through an error message and should not allow user to post the document .

I tried searching for the user exit .But i didnot find any userexit which will work for this.

Can someone suggest a solution to this .

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with Transaction variants SHD0 Tcode to make the fields mandatory ..create transaction variant ZFB50 tcode FB50 ..

regrds

pushpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manipal,

use trasaction varient option.

Check this, it will explain step by step process to setup.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/TransactionVariant-AStepbyStepGuidefor+Creation

--

Reddy

0 Kudos

Hi ,

i tried to create a variant in SHD0. But there i didnot find the field Sales Org , Distribution channel ,Business unit,Product type,

product subtype which i want to make mandatory . There is a field Profit.segment pushbutton ,But i want to make the fields in the profitability segment screen to be mandatory and not the pushbutton .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I tried to create a transaction variant for FB00 but i am unable to see certain fields of profitability segment screen like