Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a field in table control as mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have a requirement where in I have to make a field, in table control , as mandatory. If the user doesn't enter any value in that field then the cursor should be placed in that field and an error message that the filed is empty should be given. Can anyone please help me in solving this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chandra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Table control screen(in SE51), Double click on the table control field, then it willopen a Attributes window, there select the Program Push button, there in the Input select REQUIRED, then it will become mandatory field in the table control

Regards

sudheer

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Table control screen(in SE51), Double click on the table control field, then it willopen a Attributes window, there select the Program Push button, there in the Input select REQUIRED, then it will become mandatory field in the table control

Regards

sudheer

former_member150733
Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two ways of doing this.

1. Go to the screen painter in SE80 or in SE51 and double clidk on the field and in the attributes window -> Programs tab select "required" in the drop down for Input Field.

or

2. You can programaticaly do in PAI by issuing a Error message to the user if the field is empty.

Regards,

Anish Thomas

<i>Pls reward all useful answers</i>

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you are in screen painter, double click on the field in table control that sould be obligatory, then a pop up properties window will come up, from bottom enter of property box you will see a list down box/ check box(couldn't remember at this moment), there is something obligatory( in german language) select it.

I hope this will help you.

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Friends.

Your answers solved my issue.

Regards.

Chandra