Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Know a Sap Standard Object have UserExit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI AbapExperts,

I am Raju, new to userexits in abap can anyone tell me how to know whether partical sap standard object(program,field or function) pocesses a userexit.

Thanks in advance.

Raju

3 REPLIES 3

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

hav a look at that link:

regards Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raju,

Well i assume you want to know about

Field-Exit here. Well what you do is find the data element of the field, in Fun.Module (SE37) write field_exit_<DataElement>, and u'll know if there is any field exit for that field.

For any programs and other things you can go to CMOD and find out.

for anything else do mail me back.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

If you just want to know whether a standard transaction has user exit or not, go to the program for that transaction and search with keywords like 'call customer'(most cases the user exits are represented in form of function module exits, eg call customer-function '001') or 'userexit'(some user exits are implemented as subroutines also).

However to find the appropriate user exit (lets consider function module exits for simplicity) go to SMOD transaction and restrict your search by atleast giving the development class (usually the dev class of the transaction for which you are looking for user exit) and relevant texts in the description something like 'pricing'. Then choose the relevant enhancement and implement it through CMOD (I think you may find some HOW-TO descriptions in detail in some other threads as this would have been discussed quite often).

Once the project in CMOD is activated, your customer exit, say CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION '001' will branch to the EXIT function module defined under this CMOD project. Usually the code will be written in the INCLUDE program (of customer namespace) of such EXIT function modules.

Regards,

Vijay