Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep a break-point at specific field in VA02/VF02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I want to keep a break point at a specific field in any document...how to keep?

Ex: In sales order ---Header--Partners Tab---if u double click on partner --- Address POP-UP appears.

(VA02- Enter sales order number---Enter--click on HEADER---click on PARTNERS TAB--CLICK ON ANY PARTNER/CUSTOMER)

If I remove  text in NAME filed...it is showing as MANDATORY.

If I want to see d logic against dat...how to see through breakpoint or in some other way...

Attached screenshot for your information.

Please suggest.

2 REPLIES 2

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either the mandatory flag comes from dynpro definition or is set in PBO Abap logic.

• So first look with SE51 at field attributes in dynpro definition, if not mandatory, note any attached screen group.
  • Then navigate to PBO to identify the module which set the screen attributes, in debug you could set a watchpoint on SCREEN-NAME = your field.

NB: You could also start in SPRO Customizing looking for partner profiles in the Sales and Distribution area (Basic Functions, partners)

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun

Go to system --> Status... Note down the field name, structure or table name, Program( Screen), Screen number...

Now double click on the Screen ( if you have access to code ) then find out the exact field name where you are referring to from the Includes mentioned( you can check the program name )

Put a break point at the field mentioned and re-run the transaction..

or the other way

after removing the name filed ,,,, type /H in the command prompt and see the logic

Please check and let me know in case of any difficulties

reg

Chakravarthi