Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get total structure of a table into xls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to copy total structure of a table i.e fields,data elements,data type everything into xls is it possible.If any solution pls suggest me.

2 REPLIES 2

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SE16 -> DD03M -> enter table name -> switch to ALV grid -> use standard excel button.

Not so difficult...

Thomas

samantak_chatterjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

If you are trying to make the programing approach more dynamic then you can consider using the following approach. You can use a Transaction Code to trigger a Report Program. In the Report Program you can read the Table Name and then you can download the entire Table Information in an Excel File or you can even display the same using an ALV.

You need to use the class - cl_abap_typedescr which is a part of the ABAP Object RTTS. You can also have a look at the Report Program Z_RTTC which will give you a lot of information about how to use the class. For the download functionality you can consider using CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES class. You will get a lot of Demo Report Programs which will give an array of sample code.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.