Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get recommended archiving objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

i have two questions:

1)

I am trying to find out which archiving objects are the most relevant for our CRM 7.0 System. Is there any possibility to get a statistics how many records are in the system per archiving object (not if the records meet the archiving criteria. just how many records per archiving object generally)?

2)

In our CRM system we sometimes use a own-built report to delete records which don't have to be archived because they already get archived in another system. So we just perform a "CRM_ORDER_DELETE" to delete these records. Now we found out, that there might be related records in other tables (e.g. BALHDR) which won't be deleted by "CRM_ORDER_DELETE". Is there any SAP standard report or function module to analyse those things? Like: How many records in BALHDR (header_guid) doesn't exist in table CRM_ORDERADM_H?

Many thanks in advice and best regards,

Benjamin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

1) With the Database analysis based on table sizes you can finalize the archiving objects which you can consider. Also you can identify the archiving object list is via table analysis (t-code TAANA) on CRM_ORDERADM_H table. Standard fields are already available in CRM 7.0 release(you can use adhoc variant). It gives the list of archiving objects and no. of entries based on the status.

2) Table analysis on BALHDR table at Object level will give the number entries existed for CRM Order objects.

Regards,

Sudheer T

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

1) With the Database analysis based on table sizes you can finalize the archiving objects which you can consider. Also you can identify the archiving object list is via table analysis (t-code TAANA) on CRM_ORDERADM_H table. Standard fields are already available in CRM 7.0 release(you can use adhoc variant). It gives the list of archiving objects and no. of entries based on the status.

2) Table analysis on BALHDR table at Object level will give the number entries existed for CRM Order objects.

Regards,

Sudheer T

0 Kudos

Hello Sudheer,

thank you for your answer. This is helpful.

1) Okay for records in CRMD_ORDERADM_H I can get the archiving objects. But there are some more archivable records which aren't listed in CRMD_ORDERADM_H. For example Workflows. But I think I have to assume that there isn't any Standard functionality which gives me a result list of number of records per archiving object.

2) Thank you!

Regards,

Benjamin

0 Kudos

Hi Benjanmin,

CRMD_ORDERADM_H table only gives the result for CRM One Order archiving objects.

Please identify the header table for workflows(Ex: SWWWIHEAD), it gives the no. of entries existed. Similarly for other archiving objects too(From DB15, you can identify the tables relevant).

Regards,

Sudheer T

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I remember correctly (and I think I do) you have to set up residence times for the various transaction types in CRM. If you search that in SPRO then probably you find the desired set up for archiving as well.

You probably have to archive workitems separately. Archiving object WORKITEM should have all of the tables (transaction SARA)

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans