Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get OBJECT for FI Doc number?

former_member249594
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I want to use FM NUMBER_GET_NEXT to get the next doc number for FI document, But there have a parameters in this FM is OBJECT, can any friends tell me how to get this parameters for FI doc?? Thanks in advance and your be rewarded once it is helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go to transaction SNUM and do a dropdown and search for 'BELEG' you will see it (RF_BELEG I suspect)... if you click "Number ranges" then you can see all the ones for RF_BELEG defined for your company code.

However, why are you generating the next number for an FI document -> normally this would be the job of the SAP BAPI or SAP transaction you are calling...?

Jonathan

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go to transaction SNUM and do a dropdown and search for 'BELEG' you will see it (RF_BELEG I suspect)... if you click "Number ranges" then you can see all the ones for RF_BELEG defined for your company code.

However, why are you generating the next number for an FI document -> normally this would be the job of the SAP BAPI or SAP transaction you are calling...?

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Joe,

The object and other details are configured in the transaction 'SAP number Ranges'' SNRO.

I do not know under what circumstances you want to use the FM 'GET_NUMBER_NEXT' but doing this will increase the current number in the number range by 1.

If you are planning to pre determine what is the number of the FI document that will be created, then this is not the right solution.

former_member249594
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Coreman, Thanks. you had solved my problem.

Hi Hebbar, Thansk for your suggetion and I understood your concern.

However I have anthoer problem is related on this problem and I will post in a new thread, if your are free please help me.Thanks in advance.