Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get functional location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I want the functional location from customer number.

is ther any function module or any other way to get it?

Regards,

Paresh

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Alternative Labels for Functional Locations

Purpose

A functional location is identified by its label. You can assign multiple labels to one functional location. You define the label that you use most frequently as the primary label, and all other labels are referred to as alternative labels. This enables you to define only primary and any number of alternative labeling systems for a functional location structure.

This is especially useful when you require different views of the functional location structures.

Prerequisites

Alternative labeling is activated as a basic setting in the IDES Customizing.

Process Flow

see this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/41/c11662ee8411d29a640000e8a529f3/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/EN/f6/f32f0a85654e10afc72c8aa3894344/content.htm

thanks

shankar

reward me if usefull

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Table - ITOB.

Customer - kund1.

f.Location - TPLNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

But I am not getting functional location TPLNR from customer number for that i have to pass obeject key number OBJNR

but I have only customer number in inpur field.

Acually I want to develop RFC for IW31 tcode ,having only customer name as input ,from customer name I am getting customer number now I want functional location for this customer considering ther 1:1 relation between them.

Regards,

Paresh

0 Kudos

how do you mean ?? I have not seen a relation between customer number and functional location. when you have the address tab in a serviceorder there is nowhere a possibility to link it to a functional location from IL02 .

you enter a functional location in a serviceorder on header level or object level ?

so can you perhaps clarify how you have build the relation between the customer and the functional location ??

and if you use the functional location in the object tab from a serviceorder you can use below to go from serviceorder to tplnr in iloa

SELECT SINGLE * FROM vafiloa
                    WHERE aufnr = object_tab-aufnr.
    SELECT * FROM objk
             WHERE obknr = vafiloa-obknr.
      SELECT SINGLE * FROM iloa
                      WHERE iloan = objk-iloan.

kind regards

arthur de smidt

Edited by: A. de Smidt on Jun 9, 2008 11:16 AM