Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get E-mail Id of person with Personnal Number(PA0001-PERNR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to find the <b>E-mail address</b> of a user from HR data base, i have his personal id(PA0001-<b>PERNR</b>). Would any body guide me how can i get this.

i.e, any data base table/function module to get it.

appreciate your help.

Thanks

Lakshman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think the table is PA0105, field USRID_LONG. Simply do a select statement against this table.

REgards,

RIch Heilman

6 REPLIES 6

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think the table is PA0105, field USRID_LONG. Simply do a select statement against this table.

REgards,

RIch Heilman

0 Kudos

While Rich is correct about the db table.. I would rather use the fucntion call HR_READ_INFOTYPE & pass the pernr,Infotype 0105,subtype 0010 to get the email id of an employee..

~Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh, I am not, by any means, trying to argue, but I am curious as to the reason why you would prefer to use this function module as opposed to going directly to the database. Just curious. Can you let me know. Much appreciation!

Regards,

RIch Heilman

0 Kudos

Rich,

With the a direct db read, you will have to perform explicit authn checks, wheras the function call will do it for you.. & you will have the advantage of the exceptions too..

~Suresh

0 Kudos

Cool. Thanks Suresh. Didn't think about the auth objects.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think Email Id of PERNR will be maintained in infotype 185 ?

Regards

Prabhu