Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate edifact message

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where i need to generate edifact document . Can someone tell me how to create this edifact document. Can it be done throught abap coding or is there any specific transaction for that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EDIFACT document will be generated at the SUB SYSTEM and we cannot generate this through normal Abap coding.

Revert back if any issues.

Regards,

Naveen

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EDIFACT document will be generated at the SUB SYSTEM and we cannot generate this through normal Abap coding.

Revert back if any issues.

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Thanks for ur response Naveen.

Can you please eloborate me about this. What do u mean by SUB SYSTEM. What is the procedure for generating it.

0 Kudos

Hi aarthi,

Subsystem is the thirdparty system, which acts a interface b/w R/3 and Non R/3 or R/3 and R/3. This means whatever the data from R/3 or to R/3 will flow frm this subsystem. Here for this subsystem u need to have conversion programs( written in Susbsystem . example: They will convert the IDOC structure into the flat file structure which is also called as Mapping) which will convert the R/3 data into user specific data (like EDIFACT ,X12, VDA, ODETTE etc). SUBSYSTEM examples are: SEE BEYOND, INOVIS, WEB SPHERE etc.,

Revert back if any issues,

Regards

Naveen

0 Kudos

Do you mean to say that Idocs have to be created in r/3 which will be converted to edifact messages in a subsystem (like Exchange Infrastructure)?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, an o/b IDOC should be generated from R/3 and Sub sytem will generate the EDIFACT message.

So as an ABAPER , u shud create IDOC (type) .

Revert back if any issues,

Reward with points if helpful.

Rgards,

Naveen.