Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find program name screen number for any transaction code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when i go to any TCODE ( say : SE38 ) and choosing the menu path like

system->status, i get the corresponding program name and screen number

( for example for SE38, program name i get is SAPLWBABAP and the screen number is 100 ). but in the table TSTC , for 'SE38' in the input field of TCODE, it is shows the starting initial program for se38 i e program name( RSABAPPROGRAM ) and screen number( 1000 ).

my requirement is this, i will enter a transaction code and i need to find the program name and the screen number ( the same prog and screen number displayed in the menu->system->status) and not the one in tstc.

Example:

If i give input as SE38 my output should be

program: SAPLWBABAP

screen number : 0100

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can see any program and screen, if you are in the transaction and press F1 for any field.

The information appears under technical instruction.

Regards

Nicole

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can see any program and screen, if you are in the transaction and press F1 for any field.

The information appears under technical instruction.

Regards

Nicole

0 Kudos

i want it at run time

Former Member
0 Kudos

you cna goto SE93 , give the TCODE and checkout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you observe in menu SYSTEM->STATUS

there will be 2 programs one for Transaction code and other for GUI along with Screen Number.

TSTC table gives the right info, this stores the info what we give in the Transaction SE93.

in the above case of you SAPLWBABAP is the function pool, not a program for SE38.

reward points if useful

regards,

ANJI

Message was edited by:

Anji Reddy Vangala

0 Kudos

ya i checked its function pool all right. But i want that info only. whether it is prog or function pool. I want the info that is displayed in system status. Where is that data stored may be some tables....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use SE93 transaction, Give the transaction name, you will get the program name &First Screen number.

Thanks

Sandeep

Reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to the particular transaction and go to the menu, System->Status. Here you will get the program and the screen No. You can also find the program name and the screen no by going to SE93 and giving in the particular Transaction Code.

Regards,

Shehryar Dahar

kostas_tsioubris
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

each transaction's screen is stored in TSTC table. You see a different screen in System->Status because this status shows you the current screen.

So for transaction SE38 for example the transaction calls program SAPLWBABAP and screen 1000 which in turn calls screen 0100.

Kostas

0 Kudos

yes it shows the current screen.. that is what i want, i want the info of the current screen and program that is displayed and not the initial program which called the current screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Program name which u r finding from TSTC is correct, actually it is calling the other program using methods. The screen which you are seeing also coming from the other program and total control is there in other program not the report which you are seeing in TSTC. So it will show the status information where the current control is, Not the control start. I think it make you more understandable.

Dont forget to give points !

Best Regards,

Vara Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Kindly close the thread if you have got your answer.

Regards,

Shehryar Dahar