Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find a BADI call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have come across a situation where the call of a BADI is missing after upgrade. I have been given a technical spec where I need to check if a BADI, EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF, is working as per the requirement. I could not find the BADI in the mentioned report. In fact I could not find its implemenation being used anywhere. I checked using cl_exithandler and I did not come across the BADI and then I checked the where-used list and found that the call of the BADI is missing. There should have been a standard program that calls all the implementations of the BADI. But somehow that is missing. So I think it has probably been removed during upgrade. However, the current problem is that I need to call that BADI, is there anyway I can find out where a BADI implementation needs to be called?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Which version you are using.It is existed in ecc.

Regards,

Madhu.

8 REPLIES 8

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Which version you are using.It is existed in ecc.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

I am using CRM ABAP 7.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you know the BADI definition,in SE18 initial screen, select enhancement implementation->overview to see all the implemetations of the BADI.

In case if the BADI is not of multiple use , check whether u have any standard implemetations are acive after upgrade.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

This BADI has multiple implementations. However this BADI is not getting called. None of the implementations are being used. In the where-used list apart from the classes for that BADI, at the very end there should be a program. That program is missing. I am not sure how to locate the relevant program so that the BADI will be triggered.

0 Kudos

Hi Neena,

Are you able to see the badi in se18.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Yes I can see the BADI in SE18. I can see the implementations also.

0 Kudos

Maybe the navigation index (WBCROSS... etc. tables) is not complete after the upgrade, speak to your system admin, there is a standard program that can recreate it for the entire box, which runs for a while and takes additional database space.

Thomas

0 Kudos

I checked the BADI in my system as well as in another system. My system is the upgraded version and the other system was the non upgraded system. The program is not present in both systems. The upgrade team is also not aware about any changes to the BADI. Is it possible that it could be some standard SAP error and a note could rectify this?