Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit customizing view in production system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to edit customizing view (ex: tcode OAV8) directly in production system. I need a method that doesn't require repair.

Any help will be appreciated..

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

The table maintenance of this view has a Standard Recording routine which means you can create entries only through transport requests. The only option i can think of is to open the client in SCC4 for maintenance in Production, and maintain the entries you need and close the client after maintenance.

Regards

Ranganath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look with tcode sobj with object: V_T087G

Is the box current settings set?

Regards, Dieter

0 Kudos

Hi,

I've looked tcode you mentioned, and saw the box current settings is unchecked. What should I do?

0 Kudos

Hi,

next i would check SCC4 as Ranganath has mentioned.

Regards, Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

You can copy view V_T087G to ZV_T087G. After you have to create a new table maintenance for this view. The new table mainteance will have a Z function module so you can select in the "Dialog Data Transport Details" the flag "no user recording routine" instead of "Standard, recording routine".

After you have to call this table maintenance from Sm30 or from a transaction.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why not follow the SAP landscape (DEV-> QAS -> PRD) ?

In this way you will avoid making any repairs to the objects in the system as well as maintain the consistency across the SAP systems in the landscape. Moreover, you will only need to transport a customizing request from source system to target system.

Regards,

Rupesh Mhatre