Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display Message long text in Report ?

rajeevgoswami1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to display some messages in report and along with icon when we click this icon message long text should be displayed.

For displaying message long text I  debug the standard SAP code to display the long text, searched in SCN but  could not found any good solution.

I  got  FM  BAPI_MESSAGE_GETDETAIL and Report  SBAL_DEMO_02 which makes use of FM BAL_LOG_CREATE & BAL_DSP_LOG_DISPLAY.

These fm and report looks quit complex and confusing. Is there any other simple fm or class method which i can use ?

Thanks,

Rajeev Goswami

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

BAPI_MESSAGE_GETDETAIL is surely the useful one.

You may check BAL_DSP_MSG_LONGTEXT as well.

Reg

Soumya

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

BAPI_MESSAGE_GETDETAIL is surely the useful one.

You may check BAL_DSP_MSG_LONGTEXT as well.

Reg

Soumya

former_member946717
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

If I understand you want to display a short message but when the user clicks on help/question mark icon, the complete description should appear? Please correct me if I am wrong. If this is the requirement you can add a message in the Message Clas you are using. For Example:

In the message class (SE91) you are using, add a message say "Invalid Material Number" then put the cursor on this message and click on Long Text. Maintain the long text there.

This will behave like how a standard message behaves (shows short message but when the user clicks on the help/question mark, it displays the long one). You can display these as information or error messages in your report

Hope this helps!

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FORM display_longtext USING msgid TYPE syst-msgid msgno TYPE syst-msgno .

DATA : ls_help_info TYPE         help_info ,

li_dselc     TYPE TABLE OF dselc     ,

li_dval      TYPE TABLE OF dval      .

ls_help_info-call = 'D' .

ls_help_info-messageid = msgid .

ls_help_info-messagenr = msgno .

ls_help_info-docuid = 'NA' .

* ls_help_info-message = 'Message' .

* ls_help_info-title = 'Title' .

CALL FUNCTION 'HELP_START'

EXPORTING

help_infos   = ls_help_info

TABLES

dynpselect   = li_dselc

dynpvaluetab = li_dval.

ENDFORM .                    "display_longtext

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the details of the message you wish to display? If so, you could simply read table T100.