Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete contents of custom table using standard archiving procedure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Experts,

I need your assistance regarding deletion of contents of custom table using standard archiving procedure.
Here the content of custom tables need not to be archived and its deletion should be linked with deletion of outbound delivery request (which is standard process.)

Please guide me through the correct flow.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to build a customer Archive objet for your customer table[s] - start with transaction AOBJ to create you object, and read some documentation on ADK in online help and scn wiki.

Hint: Start at Archive Development Kit : Developing Archiving Solutions.

Regards,

Raymond

2 REPLIES 2

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to build a customer Archive objet for your customer table[s] - start with transaction AOBJ to create you object, and read some documentation on ADK in online help and scn wiki.

Hint: Start at Archive Development Kit : Developing Archiving Solutions.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Thanks for the revert Raymond,

I've already checked transaction AOBJ and found that for creating a custom Archive Object it is mandatory to include write and delete programs.
Since, in my case, I don't have to archive contents of my Custom table, is there any way to skip Creation of Archive via Write Program, and how can I link it with the deletion of Outbound Delivery Request happening via standard archive object.