Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert Xml file to Idoc Structure .

Kurusetti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am having a XML file from  third party software , now i want to convert it into IDOC structure with out using any integration tools like XI.

How can i achieve this . If there is any solution kindly let me know .

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh.k

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Write your own parser program to do the conversion and form the IDOC structure.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Write your own parser program to do the conversion and form the IDOC structure.

0 Kudos

Hi Harshad ,

I am new to this kind of requirement .

I am having an idea like , First i will convert the Xml data into an internal table and then i will use

"call transformation " for convert internal table data into  idoc xml format .  Correct me if i am going in wrong way.

Thanks,

Rajesh.k

0 Kudos

You going on right direction.. but only thing is its not that simple the way you actually put "call transformation"...

IN your case, convert all the xml data in a internal table... which will have segments and their contents (identified by the xml tags)...

then you need to decide which tag will populate the data for which IDOC segment.. and then you will need to populate data in IDOC structure which can be used to generate IDOC..

0 Kudos

Hi Harshad,

Thanks for your suggestions Harshad ,Is there any alternative way for doing this , because i am having almost 18 xml files and each xml file having N number of fields.

Thanks,

Rajesh.k

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I dont think so... These are two different formats and to make them compatible we have to write a parser program... I am not aware of any tool / other process which will ease your work...

0 Kudos

Hi Harshad,

Are you having any examples or sample code for achieving this . If it so , it will be a great help full for me .

Thanks & Regards,

K.Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

unfortunately, I dont have any example program for such requirement.

- Harshad