Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to check performance of sql statement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

i have list of select statements in my program.my requirement is to check performance of each statement and execution time of each statement. how can i do this?

thanks & regards

meena.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check ST05 & SE30 Tcode ..

Refer to this link..

Edited by: avinash kodarapu on Jan 5, 2009 12:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please do search before posting. use SLIN, ST05 or from abap editor goto utilities=> more utilities=> run time analysis.

thanks,

anupama.

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the blog and read it to the very end, at summary which is explained there will help you

a lot!!!

SQL trace:

/people/siegfried.boes/blog/2007/09/05/the-sql-trace-st05-150-quick-and-easy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in ST05 transaction we can check the perfomance of each select statement.

in SE30 transaction we can check the execution time and data load of the select statement.

Regards

Hameed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

other than ST05 and SQL trace you can check performance in ABAP editor also, this will give you more clear view. Follow the link as: ABAP Editor->menu bar->Environment->Examples->Performence Examples here you can compare the ABAP statements and you can know the time consumed in their execution by executing them.

Hope this will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u want to check the performance of select statement check the following transactions.

1.SE30 -- Runtime analysis

2.ST05 -- SQL Trace

Regards,

Madhu