Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to check IDOC Serialization for custom idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

In one of my interfaces, we are receiving idocs ARTMAS, INFREC, COND_A and ZMD_ARTHIER in ECC system.Last one is customized one in which basically we have to assign one article to an article hierarchy. So this idoc will contain only article no, hierarchy id and node level in which article will be assigned.

Now here we have to implement idoc serialization so that if ARTMAS in any case fails then INFREC, COND_A and ZMD_ARTHIER idocs should not be posted. We will be using RBDSER04 program for inbound processing.

My concern is that whether we have to do any special coding for serialization check in custom function module for the last idoc ZMD_ARTHIER.

If yes, please please let me know how to do handle that in custom inbound function module.

Edited by: suman pandit on May 19, 2009 10:47 AM

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to create a serialization group (in customizing) and assign all the IDocs (in specific order) to this group incl. your custom IDoc.

When data is transfered first a SERDAT01 IDoc will be sent, after this your IDocs have to follow in specific order. At last again a SERDAT01 follows and triggers the processing in the destination system.

Regards,

Kai