Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change tab after error message in ME51N ?

santanunayek
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello everyone !!!

i have some customer fields in ME51N. when i put the value 'no' on 'energy efficent' field then i need to go to "additional DFPS fields"  tab. but the tab is not open.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santanu,

If you are throwing an error message, you cannot navigate unless the error is corrected. This is for obvious reasons.

If you throw a message of type I or W, the user can bypass the same.

Is it possible that you can validate this before the save and then throw an error message? This way you can be sure that the PO is not saved with a blank value for this field.

Thanks,

Vikram.M

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santanu,

You are not able to go to  "additional DFPS fields"  because of the error shown by you.

Is it a custom error message?

Regards,

Sudeesh Soni

0 Kudos

yes this is a custom message. but can i use type i or type s message.

santanunayek
Explorer
0 Kudos

i have to make "advice code" field under "additional DFPS fields" tab mandatory for particular plant no. so the message is generating when "advice code" is null. the message generating but i could not go to the
"additional DFPS fields" tab.

0 Kudos

Hi Santanu,

First check whether SAP User is in required screen tab using system function and then raise the error message.

Regards,

Sudeesh Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santanu,

If you are throwing an error message, you cannot navigate unless the error is corrected. This is for obvious reasons.

If you throw a message of type I or W, the user can bypass the same.

Is it possible that you can validate this before the save and then throw an error message? This way you can be sure that the PO is not saved with a blank value for this field.

Thanks,

Vikram.M