Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Capture Warning Message using FM 'HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using FM 'HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION' to create Absence Record in infotype 2001..

In case of some error coming up this FM returns the error message but it is not returning the warning messages that appear on the screen when we use PA30 with the same data..

Can you please let me know if it's possible to capture the warning message or not and if it's possible please let me know how to capture this..

Regards,

Vidya..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kanagaraja_L
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
IMPORTING
   return = <bapireturn> 

- Can we get the Msg Here ?

Kanagaraja L

7 REPLIES 7

Kanagaraja_L
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
IMPORTING
   return = <bapireturn> 

- Can we get the Msg Here ?

Kanagaraja L

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response..

In case of error messase we are able to capture the message but when there is warning message the return structure is emplty..

Can we capture the warning messages as well..

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos

HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION is not a released FM. Hence it should not be ideally used. Especially when it come to time infotypes it is still not so good to use it as there are many pop ups and other screens which are not handled in this FM. Coz i faced the similar problem while posting 2001 infotype itself. Later we modified our code to post through BDC.

Regadrs

Ranganath

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the update..

How can we check if a FM is not released for the use.. This is just to tell people that we are going to use BDC instaed of FM. Is there any other module or we should use BDC only..

Regards,

Vidya..

0 Kudos

Hi

You can check it from the Attributes tab of the FM builder if a FM is released or not. Generic approach should be to go for BAPI, else try for any Released FM, else go for BDC and the last resort would be to use the Unreleased FM to post data to SAP.

Regards

Ranagnath

Edited by: Ranganath K Ramesh on Jun 26, 2009 12:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have facing the same problem,

i want to display warning message from the " hr_infotype_operation " function.

my client doesn't want to use others solutions (bcd, lsmw) , i created a specific functions in which i call this module function

is there a solution to catch the warning messages from the output parameter Return 1 of the function?

thank's in advance

sivaramang1511
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem, is there a way to catch warning messages from BAPI?

Please guide me