Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign the file in SCAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm using the SCAT for data upload, I have done the recording for the transaction and created the text file now how to create link to this file and the recording so that I can upload the data.

Thnaks,

Annup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annup

Excute your testcase. In 2nd screen under variant block u can find external from file. Just click the button & select your file.

Regards

Jeevi

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After u have done the recording,you need to dbl-click on TCD and that takes you to the list of screens.

Click on the FIELD LIST button and specify the parameters for the fields that you want to upload data.

Say if u want to upload data for matnr field,specify the parameter as &matnr.

Then in the menu bar, GOTO->VARIANTS->EXPORT DEFAULT.

This will create the excel file in the format Specific to CATT.Starting from the fourth row of the excel file,you need to enter the data below the corresponding fields that needs to the uploaded .

Then Click on EXECUTE button and choose the radio button

EXTERNAL FROM FILE in Variants Tab.

Then click on execute to upload data .

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Venkatalakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annup

Excute your testcase. In 2nd screen under variant block u can find external from file. Just click the button & select your file.

Regards

Jeevi