Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add numeric signatures to a pie type diagram in CL_GUI_CHART_ENGINE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It was possible to get the expected result using the SAP Chart Designer utility. With the help of this utility, I understood how to write properties in tags:

<Values>
<<Series id="Series1">
<ShowLabel>true</ShowLabel>
<Format>$Percent 0 " %"</Format>
</Series>
</Values>
6 REPLIES 6

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you are asking for is named a Label. If you use the ChartData format (not SimpleChartData), you have some properties to Show the Labels in the Default Series, and you can define the values of the Labels in the Data Series. But the labels will be outside, not inside.

It was possible to get the expected result using the SAP Chart Designer utility. With the help of this utility, I understood how to write properties in tags:

<Values>
<<Series id="Series1">
<ShowLabel>true</ShowLabel>
<Format>$Percent 0 " %"</Format>
</Series>
</Values>

0 Kudos

It's also possible to use the built-in "design" feature of CL_GUI_CHART_ENGINE, to manipulate in real time the customizing settings, to export "customizing.xml" corresponding to the settings (like <showLabel>), and to transfer this XML data to the method SET_CUSTOMIZING of CL_GUI_CHART_ENGINE.

The design feature can be tested via the program GRAPHICS_GUI_CE_DEMO. It's limited by default to Columns and Lines, but the program can be copied and the limitation can be removed so that to test the Pie and any other chart type.

0 Kudos

I like how you assigned your own self the "best" answer. haha That seems to be happening a lot more on this site now.

0 Kudos

I solved this problem myself yesterday, and today I remembered about it and wrote an answer here.

Thanks to Sandra Rossi and Christopher Solomon for their help. Everything you write, I've tried and done it and it worked out for me.

0 Kudos
christopher.solomon

The OP just answered and clicked "Accept" (tooltip "Accept this answer as correct"). There was no other answer, so it was the right thing to do. You can participate and propose a better answer, then I'm sure the OP will mark yours as the best one 😉