Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new fields in the Create Suppport Message Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a requirement which is to add 3 selection fields in the Create Support Message Screen. The 3 fields are Category, Subject and Solution. The value of these 3 fields must aurtomaticallly populate the same fields in the Support Message screen in the Solution Manager for each message sent.

Is this functionallity possible? If yes, please give me some ideas how to do it..

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

2 REPLIES 2

venkat_o
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric, Yes it is possible. Use statements SET and GET parameters in your program. 1. Get parameter ID for the fields Category, Subject and Solution from the data element. or Set parameter ID. 2. Use GET Statement in the PBO of the Support Message screen .

GET PARAMETER ID 'XYZ' FIELD <field-name>.
"XYZ is the parameter ID
"<field-name> - field should have the field . not in quots
3. Use SET statemet in the PAI of the Create Support Message Screen or where the value is available for the 3 fields.
SET PARAMETER ID 'XYZ' FIELD <field-name>.
"XYZ is the parameter ID
"<field-name> - field should have the field . not in quots
4. Parameter ID : Double click on the data element of the specified field->Select Further Characteristics TAB -> u can see the parameter ID or U can set the parameter ID there . It works. Try it. Regards, Venkat.O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat but my problem is these are standard programs and the values entered in the selection screen is going to be sent by a remote enabled function module to a different system(solution manager). And at the destination system, the entered values will be displayed in the support message screen.

I want to know how will I be able to send the 3 fields to the other system.

Thanks!