Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we find tables for standard SAP programs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends!

I have received a project in which I have to create a report on the employees skill-sets(qualifications). Qualifications we can see in in the Transaction PA30 in the form of infotypes. But infotype tables are not sufficient itself. So do you guys have any idea that where else do we maintain records like this moreover how do we find tables in standard SAP Programs.

Please reply!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes there are so many ways to do it,

best is to use SQL-TRACE i.e ST05 , but make sure u just run for a short time period ,so u got small chunk of tables which required during this transaction.

otherwise u can pick a data element by pressing F1 to any field then click technical setting and click data element. then u can use where used list with that element.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes there are so many ways to do it,

best is to use SQL-TRACE i.e ST05 , but make sure u just run for a short time period ,so u got small chunk of tables which required during this transaction.

otherwise u can pick a data element by pressing F1 to any field then click technical setting and click data element. then u can use where used list with that element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Goto transaction SE80, enter the standard program naame associated to the transaction under the program category and hit enter. Under the Dictionary Structures node, you will find all the tables used

Vikranth

peter_peng
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, I'd like to find it out by debugging standard program although it is a little hard.

0 Kudos

Dear peter, SAP already provide many ways to do it,so dubugging Standerd Sap program should be supposed as last resort.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes there are so many ways to it..

1) most common is to press F1 and goto the technical settings..

2) you can also run SQL trace.. it's very effective. it will give you the table and field names accurately.

or

3) you can do a short recording (SHDB transaction) and see the generated report. there you could find table and field names. but it would be same as pressing F1 n all..

Debugging is surely going to make you sweat if the standard report is complex..

Regards,

Sumit Nene

Edited by: Sumit Nene on Dec 2, 2009 10:20 AM

0 Kudos

OK..!!!

But any idea that where are the skill-sets stored when we talk in terms of PA30..?

0 Kudos

OK Guys!!

Do tell me one thing. Actually I should have mentioned but you all ended up at almost the same thing where I felt like posting this thread.

OK.. Lets talk about PA30.

In PA30 Hr Guys maintain employees with a lot of Infotypes. One of the infotypes are 0024 (Qualification).

When I go inside, say for any person (PERNR), I see lists of their respective qualifications.

But when I go and check the Table PA0024 in SE11, there is no record flashing..

Now question is.

1. Am I interpreting it in a wrong way? If yes whats the problem with my approach?

2. If not then where is the data being stored for the particular infotype?

3. Any other thoughts?

Do reply me please!!

0 Kudos

if its related to infotype you can read it through fm HR_READ_INFOTYPE ( Check Function module Doc ), but i m not ware why its not getting reflected in the table.

0 Kudos

If you know how the user saves the data (ie, the Transaction code), ask him to do a sample for you. When you will have the screen, click the field you want to know about, press F1 and then check that field's technichal settings. There you will find some interesting data.

If it's a structure, you will have, at least, a data element (or a dominion). Go to SE11 and start looking where those data elements/dominions are used (in tables).

Good luck.