Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Sanjeev : Validating PO during the creation of Sales Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thank you very much for helping me out in this problem.Still I haven't got the solution.

I tested the above mentioned configuration option by putting the Check Purchase Order Number field to 'A' in the transaction VOV8. But while creating sales orders, it is giving only information message. Is there any other way, to restrict the Duplicate PO value through configuration setup.

can you also explain how to use Enqueue and Dequeue FMs in the inbound posting function module.

Regards,

Madhusudan.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can change the message category from "I" to "E" in transaction OVAH . Message number would be V4 - 115.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi,

Where can I get the documentation about this?

Can you send me the link or document on this.

Regards,

Madhusudan.

Message was edited by: Madhusudan Budati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is in customizing transaction SPRO -> SALES & DIST -> SALES -> SALES DOCUMENTS -> DEFINE VARIABLE MESSAGES.

I am pasting the help from customizing note

Define Variable Messages

Various checks are carried out during scheduling agreement processing with releases in the component supplier industry. Depending on the result of the check, the system can issue a warning or an error message. In this menu option, you can define which system response is to be linked to a particular message text.

Depending on the component supplier, you can specify whether certain system messages are to be sent as errors, as warning messages or not at all. By specifying a version, system responses can be specified by component supplier.

Example

When a forecast delivery schedule is created, the system compares the cumulative received quantities of the customer with the cumulative received quantities in the document flow at the time at which the delivery note was created. You can configure the system to issue an error message if these do not correspond.

Standard system

Two system responses can be configured in the standard system:

The message appears as a warning.

The message appears as an error.

In the standard system the messages are configured to appear as warnings.

Actions

1. Enter a message class and the message text and specify the system response.

2. If you want to use different versions for certain component suppliers, you copy a message and enter a version number together with the required system response.

0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

I asked the documentation link for Check PO Number in VOV8 transaction you said.So that I can explain my colleagues.

Regards,

Madhusudan.

0 Kudos

There is no specific documentation associated with just this. It is just one setting in the definition of an order type. You define order type to differentiate between several sales documents. A particular order type will have certain properties, one of which is whether you want duplicate PO check or not. The field and the value are self explanatory and hence no documentation associated with it.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev is a different person.

VOV8 is customizing for sales document types .

I am not sure if a link to documentation is available .

Cheers